- General manager, Formula E, Nissan global motorsports; and managing director, Nissan Formula E Team.
- Responsible for Nissan Formula E car development, team management, and global Formula E project activation through marketing and PR activities.
- Led the INFINITI Motorsports department since 2014.
- Strengthened the role of INFINITI in Formula One to technical partner for the Renault F1® Team, including the co-development of the Energy Recovery System, the INFINITI Engineering Academy, and the INFINITI Project Black S.
- Holds a master’s degree in economics from the University of Naples Federico II, and attended the Erasmus project for one year at Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers in Paris.
“At Nissan, we are passionate about delivering innovative driving experiences while demonstrating our commitment to zero-emission solutions”, said Volpe.
“With every new season, Nissan continues to push our team performance and improve our racing results. We have accomplished some great results over the past few years - from finishing fourth in the Teams’ Championship in our debut season to achieving an incredible second position in our second season – and we keep working hard to remain a credible contender in one of the most competitive and fast-evolving championships in motorsports.
“We are excited to have announced our long-term commitment to Formula E, which will see us race through to the end of Season 12 (2025/26) of the all-electric racing series. But winning is not our only goal in Formula E. With each race, we learn more about every aspect of our high-performance EVs, which then informs our road car development. Through racing, we are continuously advancing our EV expertise.
“Formula E is the perfect platform to help showcase the capability of our brand and our electric vehicle technology, by drawing from our pioneering EV and racing expertise. We use our learnings from the track to make our future EVs even more capable and exciting to drive.
“Racing on city streets around the world allows us to bring all the excitement and power of electric vehicles right to the doorstep of future consumers.”